Appropriate stretch, challenge and support for all.
- Ensure that all students, regardless of their starting point make progress.
- Plan tasks that match the needs of the group, including how you will provide further challenge and support for identified students.
- Dictate the pace of the lesson by student progress rather than by planned content.
- Deploy Learning Support Assistants carefully (where applicable.)
- Devise lessons according to prior assessment and subject targets, making full use of resources available to cater for learning needs.
- Frequently consult Learning Support Assistants (where applicable) so that they become an integral part of the lesson.
- Encourage students to use technology on an independent basis, to consolidate classroom activities and learning. A range of digital resources (online and offline) may be used to support student learning
- Support students in evaluating their needs and allowing them to make suitable decisions to allow personal learning.
- Create opportunities for students to direct their own learning according to their needs and choices.
- Ensure that all students make exceptional progress over time (evidence beyond scope of single observation – can be supported by data.)
- Integrate technology which extends learning, inside and outside of the classroom.