Inspiration and Motivation
Students are interested and engaged in both independent and collaborative tasks.
- Ensure that students enjoy the lesson.
- Plan student-centred activities that are appropriate and quickly re-engage any students who are off-task.
- Involve students in understanding the big picture and relevance of their learning.
- Encourage students to demonstrate pride in their work.
- Facilitate student’ use of technology, when appropriate, to encourage ownership of learning.
- Provide home learning which complements classwork.
- Plan activities that exploit the interests of your learners and allow them to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Enthuse and help motivate learners; ensuring that any confusion is quickly identified.
- Create/use dynamic, digital resources that motivate and enthuse students.
- Collaborate through the use of technology.
- Create students who are enthusiastic and motivated, driving the direction of the lesson and taking ownership of their learning.
- Allow students to lead, such as using them to explain concepts to their peers.
- Emphasise cross-curricular knowledge and links to enhance the relevance of the lesson.