A quick and effective plenary that encourages students to reflect on their own learning as well as incorporating some group discussion. Give the following instructions to students.
- Get into groups of 4
- Cut out the shapes ad save two of each
- Individually on card 1 write a brief summary of what you have learnt today
- Individually on card 2 write what you think are the most important points
- Sweep the group and exchange ideas
- Stick the cards onto a piece of paper to form a circle
- In the middle space write 3 to 5 points which you think are the most important
- Around the outside give 3 to 5 reasons why your group think these are the most important.
See the picture below of a completed wheel. This could be used for content or as a BLTS exercise to consider how they have learnt in a lesson.
Ask Claire Duncalf for the wheel resource and more details.