Students confidently discuss learning and challenge others’ views appropriately. Strong relationships develop with their peers and teachers.
- Act in a professional manner and regularly praise the students.
- Generate a respectful learning environment where the students feel safe.
- Role model good listening skills and empathy for the students.
- Convey enthusiasm for learning and for your subject, supported by good subject knowledge.
- Organise your classroom resources.
- Provide honest, constructive and encouraging feedback which is communicated clearly, and acted upon.
- Foster strong working relationships through communication of interests.
- Provide lessons which are dominated by student-speak and activity, rather than teacher-speak.
- Use technology where appropriate, to present ideas and express collaborative efforts.
- Use technology to communicate and share ideas outside of the classroom.
- Allow students to use digital tools to access documents and submit work electronically.
- Encourage students to collaborate effectively, sharing and challenging ideas and opinions appropriately.
- Plan a lesson structure which flows with well-planned transitions between activities.