Four to Grow
Tasks promote deep thought and understanding. Students understand the value of the skills they are developing.
- Plan lessons which are thought-provoking and which allow students time to think about the process of learning.
- Ensure that students can define and describe concepts.
- Use technology appropriately – and in a variety of ways –to support and enhance the learning process. (Students and Staff)
- Promote critical thinking tasks.
- Make explicit one or more of the Dare, Excel, Share, Create concepts.
- Prepare activities which enable students to compare, analyse and link their new understanding to prior knowledge.
- Create moments of reflection when Students can discuss how they are learning and are aware that skills are being developed, encourage them to evaluate areas for development and identify strategies to support this.
- Allow students to use Technology to solve problems creatively, develop products and to collaborate.
- Structure and plan lessons led by Four to Grow.
- Promote the development of deep understanding as students are required to use their skills to discover ideas and concepts.
- Encourage students to assert, theorise and apply their knowledge to more abstract or unfamiliar ideas.
- Provide evidence (such as from exercise books / displays, digital format) which show that Four to Grow is an important aspect of many lessons, not an add-on.